Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:14:37 +0100

> Look I don't want to play some game with you but please take a second to
> review what I do for a living. You can't baffle me with BS so if you
> want to make a point do some research and learn something about the
> subject.

RFLOL You do Oracle for a living, not SQL Server; your page is so biased and unprofessional, it makes you look like a little kid; do you really think that if you say something long enough it will become true?

Let's look at other stuff you'll probably also stick your head in the sand with....

"System Triggers" and your statement "no equiv"

CREATE TRIGGER safety
ON DATABASE
FOR DROP_TABLE, ALTER_TABLE
AS

   PRINT 'You must disable Trigger "safety" to drop or alter tables!'    ROLLBACK
;

The above is an example of a DATABASE scoped trigger for the events DROP_TABLE and ALTER_TABLE.

HERE IS THE REFERENCE:

Here is one for SERVER scoped AFTER LOGON where you also say there is no equiv...

CREATE TRIGGER connection_limit_trigger
ON ALL SERVER WITH EXECUTE AS 'login_test' FOR LOGON
AS
BEGIN
IF ORIGINAL_LOGIN()= 'login_test' AND

    (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sys.dm_exec_sessions

            WHERE is_user_process = 1 AND
                original_login_name = 'login_test') > 3
    ROLLBACK;
END; I'll not continue, best I save my effort for my blog so I can go into detail.

Thanks for the amusement though DA, does the DA stand for Denial Again with a slient 'in'?

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson