Re: Oracle export/Import question:

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:14:34 +0200

Comments embedded

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:05:42 -0700, haganahtrainer_at_gmail.com wrote:

>I specified a full export from one database instance (exp user/
>passwd_at_sid FULL=Y FILE=fu.dmp)
>
>My question is,if I import this into another instance, will this
>overwrite the "System" schema in the new instance? Is there a way to
>omit certain schemas that were exported in the .dmp file?

import does NOT 'overwrite' schemas. If you specify the ignore=y keyword, the table data will be imported, but as all tables in the SYSTEM schema have a primary key every individual insert is going to fail with ora-0001.
Also SYSTEM does NOT contain the datadictionary, this is in SYS and SYS is *never* exported.

You can answer your second question by referring to the fromuser and touser clause in the documentation.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA