Re: above average CPU usage

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:16:19 -0700

Ravip via DBMonster.com wrote:
> Some of the recommendations by ADDM seems ok. But some when I check with
> testing/development servers are different. Even the explain plan output also
> differ.
>
> DA Morgan wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>> [quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>> Thanks.
>> I think the ADDM terrific when used appropriately.
>>
>> ADDM makes recommendations. Synapses must be applied when determining
>> whether the recommendation applies to the current system.

No surprise (BTW please don't top post). The ADDM is a good tool but like all tools it has limitations and one using the tool must understand them.

One thing that will help ADDM is if you important statistics, including system stats, from your production machine to your dev and test environments.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington