Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: <euan.garden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:32:24 -0700

> Consider this for example. In a US medical environment with patient data
> HIPAA, federal law, requires that SELECT statements be audited. We have
> been able to do that in Oracle for years. InSQL Serverit is still
> impossible. Something that won't be fixed until at least 2009. If I
> tried to put together a page of all differences I would need months just
> to catalog the differences.

I'm sorry you lose again, I suggest you review SQL Trace with the C2 option which has been available since SQL Server 2000.

You can also checkout http://www.lumigent.com/products/auditdb.html which surprise surprise contains support for SQL Server as well as Oracle.

Ok so time for you to educate me for real, its been a long time since I use oracle daily and the audit issue is something you throw out a lot so I am intrigued as to how Oracle solves a common app problem. Thats the one where the middle tier logs into the database as a single user that is an app role?

-Euan Received on Mon Aug 20 2007 - 20:32:24 CDT