Re: Want to delete system02.dbf in oracle 8i Personal

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:13:52 -0700

Explicitly not supported, explicitly for learning, developers and some ISV's. See http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/xe/index.html . The faq notes that there is a free online community forum for "support."

>From a post on the forum: "Oracle will wait for 11gR2 to realize new
XE version."

I'm with those who say it is not a good way for DBA's to learn their craft, even though that is trumpeted as a perfect use for it. You can download more appropriate versions for that.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"The agreement with XE: 'no fee, no support, no patches, no whining' "