Re: Oracle 10g password question.

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:09:07 -0500

Serguei.Goumeniouk_at_cibc.ca wrote:
> Dear Experts,
> I am going to migrate my applications from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g
> server. Some time ago I read that 10g has stricter rules for a user
> password (must be at least 6 characters long, not be a simple
> dictionary word, not contain the username and so on). Are these tests
> really implemented in 10g? If "yes", what is the full list of the
> password restrictions?
> Regards,
> Serguei.

Password complexity is determined by the profile's password verification function. Oracle 10g, out of the box, does not implement password verfication functions...neither does 9i. So if you have a password verification function implemented, you will have to get its definition from your DBA.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net