Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:14:30 -0400

DA Morgan wrote:
> Consider this for example. In a US medical environment with patient data
> HIPAA, federal law, requires that SELECT statements be audited.
At the risk of changing the topic.. You appear to be an expert on HIPAA. Does it actually state "SELECT statement"? Or does it say "data access"? Just wondering. You are always very SPECIFIC about exactly HOW any HIPAAA, SOX, .. requirement needs to be implemented. In my limited experience the HOW is typically open to interpretation (and rightly so)...

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau