Re: proc.mk and Oracle11 (cannot link DBD::Oracle with oracle11)

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:41:05 +0100

On 18 Aug 2007 15:20:01 GMT, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>DBD::Oracle cannot be linked against oracle11. Here is the error
>message:
>
>Using Oracle in /oracle/product/11.1.0
>DEFINE _SQLPLUS_RELEASE = "1101000600" (CHAR)
>Oracle version 11.1.0.6 (11.1)
>
> Unable to locate an oracle.mk, proc.mk or other suitable *.mk
>
>It turns out that there is no suitable make file. Any solution?

 Had a look at this a few days ago, meant to post the results to the DBI mailing list, I'll do that in a minute. I've successfully built it using:

 perl Makefile.PL -l

 This goes for the alternate "direct link" approach that doesn't need the makefile. There are then a couple of odd test failures in the array interface tests - haven't got to the bottom of them yet, but for the most part it passes the tests and appears to work OK.

 Don't know yet whether the array interface test failures are a bug in DBD::Oracle, in Oracle, or a backwards compatibility break in the OCI interface.

 The disappearance of the makefiles is odd; they're still referenced in the documentation. Possibly they've moved to the "examples" download, I'm getting that now to see.

--
Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool