Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: Matthew Harrison <m.harrisson_at_craznar.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:58:59 +1000

Serge Rielau wrote:
> There are plenty of debates about the usage of NULL in general in data

In the case I'm working on the string is the command.

In their infinite wisdom, '' (the empty string) has a critical meaning .. I need to ensure that this string is specified (i.e. NOT NULL), but it can be specified as '' (meaning cancel).

--
Pinging self [127.0.0.1] with 32 bites of banana cake:

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
     Slices: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),