Re: outer join question

From: ciapecki <ciapecki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:32:05 -0700

On 17 Aug., 16:53, matt lewis <m..._at_lewis.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I'm studying a book which is full of errors and the errata seems
> sketchy.
>
> Is this statement correct?
>
> "In outer join statements on tables A and B, you specify the left outer
> join when you want all of table B's rows, even when no corresponding
> record exists in table A"
>
> I had this down as correct but the answer in the book has it as wrong.
>
> I'm pulling my hair out here!
>
> Is it right or wrong please?

Hi there,
it should be other way, look at the example:

create table tableA (id number);
create table tableB (id number);

insert into tableA values(1);
insert into tableA values(2);
insert into tableB values(2);
insert into tableB values(3);

commit;
2                                      2

1
2 row(s) retrieved

you received all rows from A

chris Received on Fri Aug 17 2007 - 10:32:05 CDT