sqlnet.ora file security

From: adrian_ang <adrian_ang_at_abv.bg>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 04:43:29 -0700

Hi all,

I have a question about sqlnet.ora file security on a host running Linux. As far as I know the only way without additional options( Database Vault) to forbid connect as sysdba without password on the database host is to add an entry in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/ sqlnet.ora. This works ok, but how to secure this file? If I'm able to secure this file, for example with the immutable file attribute, it's meaningless , because everyone who can log on can set TNS_ADMIN environment variable to point to somewhere else and create there a new sqlnet.ora file without the entry. Why Oracle made such a feature when it doesn't help at all?
Is Database Vault the only option to forbid this access? Have you faced this problem , how did you resolved it?

Thank You!
Adrian Angelov Received on Fri Aug 17 2007 - 06:43:29 CDT