Re: Lookup tables in multiple databases?

From: CrazyKarma <skalki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:20:32 -0700

Here are things that I might do, if I were you

  1. Consolidate all the data for a given lookup table from other databases to one database that you think is going to act like a primary source.
  2. Make others point this master lookup table through dblink(synonyms)
  3. Drop the other clones that exist in other databases

This solution doesn't call for creating a new database just to hold lookup tables.