Re: Whether to return String "True" or "False" instead of 1 or 0

From: CrazyKarma <skalki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:12:14 -0700

Attribute is in the string format " True" or "False" embedded in a XML CLOB. The point is that this attribute can take completely different value in future, say "disabled." In that case we will be comparing strings instead of numbers. also if a completely different routine were to call this function then there are potentialy exposed to case sensitivity problem, currently returned values are all caps and decode will if fail if developer doesn't provide the right case.

Int value is also for the reason that if in the future we decide to move that string from xml to some kind of a look up table, then the migration will less painfully other than fact that I will have to change the function that extracts the data.