Re: Oracke Libraries Mismatch

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 04:33:05 -0700

On Aug 16, 3:14 am, Manoj <manoj.kare..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our C++ application is built with Oracle 10.2.0 client libraries,
> whereas deployment environment has client libraries 10.1.0, also
> server version at deployment is 10.1.0. Our application crashes very
> frequently which accessing Oracle database.
> Is it because mismatch in the libraries ?
> Has anybody encountered same problem ?
> Will installing 10.2.0 client libraries only solve the problem ? or
> server should also be upgraded to 10.2.0 ?
>
> Regards
> Manoj Karekar

The first response is that you should carefully test your application and practice your development and installation procedures to prevent problems from impacting production environments.

That being said, applications using 10.2 client software shouldn't have ( many ) problems going against 10.1 or earlier database versions. Test against all your anticipated database versions. Rinse and repeat ( the shampoo advice ). Received on Thu Aug 16 2007 - 06:33:05 CDT