Re: find out what privileges needed - where to look up?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:40:16 -0500

ciapecki wrote:
> hi,
>
> is there any short reference what privilege you need to run a
> statement.
> For example:
> when I run 'CREATE FUNCTION' what privilege I need?
> when I run 'CREATE AND COMPILE JAVA SOURCE' what privilege I need?
>
> how to find it out?
>
> thanks
> chris

Oddly enough, the Oracle documentation for these commands contains this exact information. :)

Go to

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_5009.htm#i2153260

The above is for the CREATE FUNCTION command. The Prerequisites section outlines the required system privilege(s). You can similarly look up the other command.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net