10.2.0.3 now available for solaris 10 x86-64

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:47:24 -0700

I was close to giving up hope of seeing this patchset but it's available now ( I think it came out August 13th 2007 ).

Hoping to see the 10.2.0.4 patchset for that environment come out "a whole lot closer" to the release date for 10.2.0.4 on other platforms than has been the case obviously for this patchset.

Oracle also has "promised" that 11g release will be on solaris x86 so another thing to watch for is how much that release drags the release date for other platforms ( hpux, solaris sparc, aix, etc ).

For many of us, oracle software on solaris x86 has been much of a a "now you see it now you don't" type of thing with the "now you don't" winning most of the time.

Dare we hope that this release of 10.2.0.3 and promises of future patchsets and database releases has now ended the "now you don't" part?

Time will tell I guess but it's looking much better! Received on Wed Aug 15 2007 - 14:47:24 CDT