Re: above average CPU usage

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:15:44 -0700

On Aug 15, 6:15 am, "Matthias Hoys" <a..._at_spam.com> wrote:
> "Ravi" <u36659_at_uwe> wrote in messagenews:76b886c70d7f9_at_uwe...
> > Hi,
>
> > I have 10g RAC - 2 node cluster. Most of the time the CPU usage range from
> > 50-
> > 60%. Found that using ADDM, some of the queries took most resource. But
> > when
> > I check from sql*plus the response was quicker and the explain plan output
> > was also not bad.
>
> > Please give me your valuable inputs to troubleshoot.
>
> > Thanks.
>
> Does the explain plan in Enterprise Manager correspond with the one from
> sql*plus ? Are you using the same user to execute these queries ? Maybe you
> have some after-logon trigger or alter session ... which changes some user
> profiles before query execution.
>
> Matthias

I do not use ADDM due to licensing requirements for the performance pack, but from what I am told by people who have used it, ADDM leaves a lot to be desired.

Matthias's questions about making sure you are doing an apples to apples comparison are valid. If you have replaced any bind variables with constants in your query or made any change whatsoever then the plan comparison is not valid.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 15 2007 - 08:15:44 CDT