Re: above average CPU usage

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:15:00 +0200

"Ravi" <u36659_at_uwe> wrote in message news:76b886c70d7f9_at_uwe...
> Hi,
>
> I have 10g RAC - 2 node cluster. Most of the time the CPU usage range from
> 50-
> 60%. Found that using ADDM, some of the queries took most resource. But
> when
> I check from sql*plus the response was quicker and the explain plan output
> was also not bad.
>
> Please give me your valuable inputs to troubleshoot.
>
> Thanks.

Does the explain plan in Enterprise Manager correspond with the one from sql*plus ? Are you using the same user to execute these queries ? Maybe you have some after-logon trigger or alter session ... which changes some user profiles before query execution.

Matthias Received on Wed Aug 15 2007 - 05:15:00 CDT