Re: run a shell script on red hat linux

From: <rogergorden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:06:37 -0700

On Aug 14, 8:21 am, vincent.r..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Here is my environment : Oracle 10G release 2 on RED HAT LINUX
> ENTERPRISE.
> I have a shell script (.sh) with an Oracle export and a ftp command to
> transfer the file *.dmp to an other machine. When i execute this
> script with the user Oracle, it works perfectly.
> Now I try to launch it via OEM; Program,job, etc...it doesn't work
> because, perhaps, an environment trouble (the script is launch by ??
> with his environment ???)
> Sorry for my bad english, i'm french.

Try setting your environment variables in the .sh script you need your $PATH and your $BIN at minimum.
Also, make sure the permissions are set so that the group (DBA or OINSTALL usually) has execute permission on the file.

Roger Gorden
Senior DBA Skila.Corp. Received on Tue Aug 14 2007 - 14:06:37 CDT