change domain name of grid control server

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:42:03 -0400

We build a grid control on a server
ora1.subdomain

Is there are a way we can drop .subdomain? We don't really care if the agents still try to connect to ora1.subdomain, as we can put /etc/hosts entry there ,but we'd like clients not to have to enter .subdomain, as we could put ora1 into their DNS much easier (e.g. so that Grid wouldn't redirect to ora1.subdomain)

Thanks
We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 and Solaris 10 (Sparc) remove NSPAM to email Received on Mon Aug 13 2007 - 12:42:03 CDT