Re: RAC

From: DJH <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:43:04 -0400

hjr.pythian_at_gmail.com wrote:
> A shared storage technology is a prerequisite for RAC.

Yes, I do have the physical shared storage by means of dual-ported controller.. etc.

My main issue is that will a clustered file system be required for the database/control/data files if there is ASM available for the raw shared storage? Does ASM handle the functions of a clustered file system such as coherent/ lock synchronized file access with regard to database centric files? Do you require ASM+CFS or just ASM?

Thanks