Re: reorg of Oracle10g tablespace in offline mode

From: Joe <joe1977_at_tlen.pl>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:15:34 -0700

On Aug 12, 3:02 am, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:21:35 +0200, "astalavista" <nob..._at_nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
> >What about ?
> >alter table xxx enable row movement
> >alter table xxx shrink space
>
> The central question whether any of those actions will *SOLVE*
> anything, or will be recurring and just waste the OP's time, providing
> a false sense of confidence.
> As stated a locally managed tablespace can't fragment, EVER.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

I read more about managing tablespaces on locally managed ones, so thank you for helping me understand that it really does not matter and that oracle will reorganize by itself and fulfill empty spaces.

Question: what is: Reorganize Object functionality in Administration panel in EM ? Received on Sun Aug 12 2007 - 13:15:34 CDT