Re: Oracle 9i - database cannot open due to UNDOTBS01

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:26:19 +0200

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:23:01 -0700, litung8_at_gmail.com wrote:

>Sybrand,
>
>Sorry, I should have not posted my replies on top of yours...Learning
>netiquette here...
>
>LiLi

Hi Lili,

You are one of the few to apologize for top-posting, that is nice. I didn't have time yet to answer your question, but here it is. Everyone should read the Oracle Concepts Manual for their version, online at http://tahiti.oracle.com
The information is dense, with little examples, but it is complete. Also many people would recommend anything written by Tom Kyte, who is a VP of Oracle, and one of the biggest Oracle evangelists. His site is http:/asktom.oracle.com , you'll find link to his books here too.
I didn't read it, but colleagues of me seem to have had good experiences with
Oracle Essentials published by O'Reilly. Most of the books they publish are to be recommended, especially Steven Feuerstein on Pl/sql
I would avoid anything from Rampant Press. The information in these books is often incomplete and inaccurate.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA