ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

From: trub3101 <michael_at_bassline01.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:32:45 -0700

Hi Guru's

Desperately in need of your advice on this one. I am getting the standard ORA-01031:

SQL> conn sys_at_preview.rtdb0 as sysdba
Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

I have created the password file - orapwd file=orapw$ORACLE_SID password=********* entries=5

My password file then looks like this:

more orapwPREVIEW
Z[\]
ORACLE Remote Password fileNTERNA36BC44C6FAFB4248SYS456E73733F6460B1

I am pretty sure that the $ORACLE_SID (in this instance PREVIEW) should appear in the password file just before the encrypted code. Would this be because I cannot find the a pfile or spfile anyway on the server?

I am not entirely sure how this database was created without either an pfile or spfile. Hopefully someone might be able to throw some light on this matter.

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Aug 10 2007 - 10:32:45 CDT