Re: 11g Released Today

From: <hjr.pythian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 05:30:47 -0700

On Aug 10, 7:29 pm, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> hjr.pyth..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Oh, I should have mentioned 'Database Replay' -the ability to capture
> > a workload on production and replay it on the dev box... Very handy,
> > and a boon to most DBAs, I would have thought.
>
> Rolling Upgrades?

If it works as well as the promised rolling RAC patches in 10g...

But seriously... It's not something I get that excited about.

Of course, everyone can point to something and say, 'What about...?' But it's the show-stopping 'oooh!' features I'm talking about. Being able to upgrade your Oracle installation on-the-fly might be a convenience and might even be a big convenience. But an 'oh my God, how did we ever manage without that' it most definitely aint, I'd say!

Feel free to swoon, however. Received on Fri Aug 10 2007 - 07:30:47 CDT