SELECT Field1, Field2....Fieldn FROM MyTable FOR UPDATE - Question about concurrency.

From: Paul Linehan <plinehan__A_at_T__yahoo__D.OT__COM>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:51:46 GMT

Dear Oracle gurus,

Suppose my app has a statement like the above (or below):

SELECT Field1, Field2....Fieldn FROM MyTable FOR UPDATE

and I've just issued it. The phone then rings "Honey, my waters have just broken, I'm in hospital xxx", so I rush out the door, leaving app and everything.

Now, my question is, what happens the record(s) that I have selected FOR UPDATE and how do I ensure that an errant operative (for however good a reason) hasn't left the app standing with records locked?

TIA. Paul... Received on Thu Aug 09 2007 - 16:51:46 CDT