Re: migrating types between users on the same oracle instance

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:35:40 -0700

julian.kania_at_gmail.com wrote:
> On 9 Sie, 20:24, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

>> julian.ka..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>>> I have two environments - test and dev - on the same oracle instance,
>>> but on different users.
>>> I need to migrate test to dev with a shell script.
>> I can think of a number of good ways to do it ... not one involves a
>> shell script.

> Can you please point some?
> Involving java or perl is totally acceptable.
> Or must be Windows / X window used?

You wrote that they are part of the same instance? What possible reason is there for invoking anything outside the database other than added complexity?

If you want to dictate the solution then why are you asking for help?

Consider asking "how can I solve this business problem" and then letting others answer with possible solutions. Each time you've posted you've drawn lines that dictate an inefficient way to accomplish the indicated goal.

Why, for example, would you not consider using DBMS_DATAPUMP?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington