Re: migrating types between users on the same oracle instance

From: <julian.kania_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:15:53 -0700

On 9 Sie, 20:24, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> julian.ka..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > I have two environments - test and dev - on the same oracle instance,
> > but on different users.
> > I need to migrate test to dev with a shell script.
>
> I can think of a number of good ways to do it ... not one involves a
> shell script.

Can you please point some?
Involving java or perl is totally acceptable. Or must be Windows / X window used?

> Any reason why you are required to do it the hard way?
There is a need of such migration often. In the fact, we have much more environments than two, and populating db is only a part of whole process.
The rest works smoothly and extremely easy: ./migrate.pl <from> <to>

julian. Received on Thu Aug 09 2007 - 15:15:53 CDT