migrating types between users on the same oracle instance

From: <julian.kania_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 08:54:05 -0700

I have two environments - test and dev - on the same oracle instance, but on different users.
I need to migrate test to dev with a shell script.

imp/exp works almost fine:
they cannot migrate types, failing with
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 2304 encountered ORA-02304: invalid object identifier literal

as types has worldwide unique identifiers.

I can parse imp output - it contains "CREATE TYPE .." and use it. But still have no idea how to get types bodies - imp says nothing about "CREATE TYPE BODY" failures.
Creating types descs without bodies,and running imp again doesnt work.

my question is:
how to migrate types between two users on the same oracle instance? or, alternatively - how to create script for "CREATE TYPE BODY" in batch file on unix?

My db is oracle10i, if it matters.

regards, julian. Received on Thu Aug 09 2007 - 10:54:05 CDT