Re: Oracle 9i performance troubles

From: Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudizio_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 03:29:30 -0700

On Aug 8, 8:03 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 12:28 pm, Joseph <papers...._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks,
>
> > I have a database running Oracle 9i that from 2 days seems to have
> > troubles in performance.
>
> > Ho can i see which users have more activity in queries or in resources
> > consumpion?
>
> > Many thanks
> > BR
> > Joseph
>
> Hi Joseph,
>
> What OS and dot release of Oracle, i,e. Windows 2000 Oracle 9.2.0.1,
> etc.
>
> That's a pretty wide question, but if you have OEM installed, you can
> (if licensed) use the performance tuning pack to find out general
> things OEM thinks may be a problem.
>
> I would also read the following...
>
> http://download.oracle.com/doc/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96533/toc.htm
>
> I would also install statspack (info should be in the link above) to
> get an idea as to what the top waits are.
>
> If you are looking for a quick overview, try the following...
>
> select event,round(time_waited/100, 0) time_waited_secs
> from (select *
> from v$system_event
> where wait_class != 'Idle'
> order by time_waited desc)
> where rownum < 11
> /
>
> ...run that a few times with 60 seconds or so between runs, and waits
> that pop out at the top are worth googling, or searching for the in
> the link above.
>
> HTH,
>
> Steve

Just a little poin, i think a lapsus, but wait_class column in 9i does not exists it has been
introduced with 10g for not idle events you have to select what you are interested in.
Suggestion of Statspack is much simpler.

regards,
Cristian Cudizio

http://oracledb.wordpress.com
http://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com Received on Thu Aug 09 2007 - 05:29:30 CDT