oracle and tivoli storage manager

From: batso <batsonmr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:52:11 -0700

We run 11.5.10.2 EBS. Running on oracle 10.2.0.2 We currently do not use rman for backups. We back up the system using TSM daily with the system down. We don't have to have 100% up time. We have archivelog turned on. We keep 365 days worth of these incremental backups. We do a selective full backup every 30 days.

Is there any reason to do a selective full backup ever using TSM? My system admin is proposing to do away with any selective "full" backups because according to him tsm is not designed to work that way. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Could we lose files that have NOT been changed in more than 365 days? Or any other issues that might arise by not taking and keeping a "full" backup. Received on Wed Aug 08 2007 - 09:52:11 CDT