Re: Jobs do not run

From: <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 21:48:57 +0200

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 07:55:06 +0200, "Martin T." <0xCDCDCDCD_at_gmx.at> wrote:

>sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:
>> Comments embedded
>>

>> On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:30:51 +0200, "Martin T." <0xCDCDCDCD_at_gmx.at>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The problem only exists in our test db instance (at the moment)
>>>
>>> I fully expected you and Daniel to tell me that. (Given the fact that
>>> there are 7 patch sets we haven't even looked at it might even have some
>>> foundation.)
>>
>> All patch sets are cumulative
>>> Let's for a moment assume we were running Oracle 10g2 with the newest
>>> patch and hit this. What would you propose except calling Oracle?
>>
>> a) The most common cause for jobs not running is forgetting to commit
>
>I know this. That you replied it to my OP just goes to show that you did
>only read "jobs" and "...0.1" and then shouted something at me.
>
>> b) the problem doesn't exist in 9.2.0.8
>>
>Interesting ... which crystal ball told you that?
>I tell you what: it also does not exist in 9.2.0.1 on 40 other machines
>with the same HW and SW setup. It also did not exist on this machine
>prior to one week ago.
>
>Well whatever.
>
>regards,
>Martin

'Mr' T,

What clues did you provide other than: it doesn't work? I will tell you : NONE.
What will Oracle tell when you submit a SR? 'You are not on 9.2.0.8, we are not going to help you. Upgrade to 9.2.0.8'. Subsequently they will close the call.

How do I know the problem doesn't exist in 9.2.0.8.? BY EXPERIENCE.

Next time when you want to waste someone's time, PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, will you? In a Kindergarten for example.

--

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA