Re: changing pswds of standard accounts

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:12:04 +0100

EdStevens wrote:
> Already done that, but there is a management requirement that I may
> not be able to negotiate away. This is a government system, and often
> there are security requirements that have to be adhered to whether
> they make sense or not. You and I know a locked account cannot be
> accessed, but try explaining that to the bureaucrat that wrote the
> regulation, or the ones charged with enforcing it.

Depends on what you mean by accessed. It could be unlocked and logged into, procedures or views owned by it could be accessed from other schemas and so on. The best thing to do with truly unused schemas is not to lock them but to drop them, subject to normal change and backup etc. I'd be siding with the bureaucrat on this one.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA