(select max(sequence#) v$log_history and v$archived_log difference

From: trub3101 <michael_at_bassline01.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 08:50:20 -0700

Greetings and salutations Guru's,

I had to briefly switchover to my standby database (9.2.0.1.0 Enterprise Edition) about a month or so back and ever since then I have had a discrepancy between the maximum sequence number in the v $log_history and v$archived_log views.

I have switched the logfiles untold times since then of course but I still get a discrepancy when I issue this statement:

1 SELECT *
2 FROM (select max(sequence#) AS "Last Archived" from v$log_history), 3 (select max(sequence#) AS "Last Applied" from v$archived_log where applied = 'YES')
SQL> / Last Archived Last Applied

         7830 7829

Could anyone explain why this has occurred and what the fix might be?

Thank you in advance,

trub3101 Received on Tue Aug 07 2007 - 10:50:20 CDT