Re: want to find out the Tables and Tablespaces info without importing the export dump file?

From: Alberto Frosi <alberto.frosi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:29:49 -0000

On 7 Ago, 06:06, Krish <Krishna.Bu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use EXP/IMP utilities most of the time to move the data across
> databases. We are spending lot of time to compare the tables in the
> dump files and tables actually imported ( if import fails in the
> middle). Also import fails sometimes with the error "Tablespace xxx
> doesn't exist.
>
> Is there any GUI tool to list out all the tables that are in the Dump
> file.
>
> Also would like to find what all the tablespaces need to create before
> importing the actual dump file (to avoid errors "Tablespace xxx
> doesn't exist.
>
> I worked with this kind of tool long ago for the same purpose. Just
> wanted to check if anyone out there is using such tool.
>
> Thanks,
> Krish

The command line imp/exp with parameter file or index file it's the only way for understand the really operation which i make in the DB! With command line i have the control complete for any operation,the gui it's very distracting...too many menu, icon and increase the possible errors.
regards,
Alberto Frosi Received on Tue Aug 07 2007 - 07:29:49 CDT