Re: RAC fail-over with an instance in MOUNT status

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 01:01:06 -0700

On 6 août, 20:43, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

> How do you get an end-user connection when a database is mounted and
> not opened?

Through SQL*Net with sqlplus for the purpose of this test. I'll give the specifics in my reply to Sybrand.

> See the question above.
>
> If you are starting and stopping node instances with crsctl, as you
> should be, please explain the business situation in which you would
> have an issue.

srvctl? It does not support instance transition to the MOUNT status AFAIK.
If you mean stopping the instance with srvctl then mounting it with sqlplus, the result is the same.

If you really meant crsctl:
"stop resources" is not very satisfying since the VIP of the related node is stopped as well.
"stop crs" will do the job, but it requires root privilege, and it would be disappointing to have to stop CRS just because we want *one* instance to be brought to the MOUNT status... Received on Tue Aug 07 2007 - 03:01:06 CDT