Re: indexing a column with only 2 or 3 values

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 13:47:17 -0700

On Aug 3, 4:42 am, Helma <bad_elef..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > BTW. how can you index only N's for example?
>
> Hello Chris,
>
> I hope i am not unkind to you, but for syntax matters, may i redirect
> you to the manuals?
>
> H.
> Hint: you need to look at function based indexes, creating a function
> that only returns a value for the recordvalues you need to index.

If you look at function based indexes, be sure and also look at where the optimizer has problems, search the metalink bug database for: optimizer function based indexes

Always state exactly which versions of Oracle and your platform.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://dbasrus.blogspot.com/2007/07/vs-b-grand-final.html