Re: Returning data from temp_tables

From: <>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:52:59 +0200

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:14:18 -0700, BGT <> wrote:

>The code you returned to me is basically the same as what I had
>above. What you have repeatedly failed to realize is that maillist
>has to be filled in by the result set of many labno's not just one,
>hence this whole cursor loop is part of a larger cursor. The fetch is
>used to fill in a temp table from which maillist is filled for final
>output. Unless you have a way to append records to an existing cursor
>I don't see any other way of doing it since in your code above
>maillist will clear out with each iteration of labno. I read each of
>your post quite closely it's a shame you did not do the same.

That would basically require two SELECTs wouldn't it? So *where* in your *original code* (or should I say *crap*) are *TWO* sql statements to be noticed?

Failure #1 : ONE cursor!!
Failure #2:  ONE cursor!!
Failure #3:  ONE cursor

Exactly : NOWHERE!!!
There is NO 'larger cursor' in your original 'crap' It is a shame you are not only incapable to read, but also incapable to lay out your problem.
NOWHERE you stated: *I require an variable IN statement* For which there is a standard solution, see 'Dynamic IN list' on

Next time: please think whether you stated your problem clearly when you start to insult someone who took at least one hour to help you out, and try to be a bit less ungrateful. If you are not prepared to do that, stick to your redudant 'temp tables' and be prepared to be lynched by your customers for developing unscalable apps.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA