Re: Returning data from temp_tables

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:52:59 +0200

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:14:18 -0700, BGT <bgt0990_at_optonline.net> wrote:

>The code you returned to me is basically the same as what I had
>above. What you have repeatedly failed to realize is that maillist
>has to be filled in by the result set of many labno's not just one,
>hence this whole cursor loop is part of a larger cursor. The fetch is
>used to fill in a temp table from which maillist is filled for final
>output. Unless you have a way to append records to an existing cursor
>I don't see any other way of doing it since in your code above
>maillist will clear out with each iteration of labno. I read each of
>your post quite closely it's a shame you did not do the same.

That would basically require two SELECTs wouldn't it? So *where* in your *original code* (or should I say *crap*) are *TWO* sql statements to be noticed?

Failure #1 : ONE cursor!!
Failure #2:  ONE cursor!!
Failure #3:  ONE cursor

Exactly : NOWHERE!!!
There is NO 'larger cursor' in your original 'crap' It is a shame you are not only incapable to read, but also incapable to lay out your problem.
NOWHERE you stated: *I require an variable IN statement* For which there is a standard solution, see 'Dynamic IN list' on http://asktom.oracle.com

Next time: please think whether you stated your problem clearly when you start to insult someone who took at least one hour to help you out, and try to be a bit less ungrateful. If you are not prepared to do that, stick to your redudant 'temp tables' and be prepared to be lynched by your customers for developing unscalable apps.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA