Re: Oracle RAC VIP networking question

From: <keithdew_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:46:33 -0700

Thank you for the URL. Understood for no cluster VIP. When you say RAC provides a VIP for "every" node in the cluster, does that mean if I have 3 servers (nodes) in the cluster, each server has a VIP (that is, a different virtual IP address) that is primary and it's up to the system admin to say what applications in the cluster listen on what VIP's? Then depending on the type of failure, I assume that VIP "floats" to the node that has the next highest priority.

I'll forward this URL to our Unix admins. Thanks
Keith Received on Mon Aug 06 2007 - 10:46:33 CDT