RAC fail-over with an instance in MOUNT status

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:21:00 -0700

Hi all,

This is RAC 10gR2.
In a basic fail-over configuration, with no cluster managed database service configured and with client-side fail-over enabled, I've noticed that no fail-over occurs whenever an instance is in MOUNT status and a connection is unfortunately directed to this instance. The client just gets a "shutdown in progress" error message. So if the application does not implement a fail-over at an upper level, the enduser  will receive an error in spite of other instances being available.

I have not done a lot of research on this subjet yet. But does anybody know of a simple solution to this problem? I mean, a configuration that won't need to be changed when an instance is brought to the MOUNT status (e.g. no listener shutdown ou reconfiguration...)

TIA,
Jerome Received on Mon Aug 06 2007 - 10:21:00 CDT