Re: Jobs do not run

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:39:58 +0200

Comments embedded

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:30:51 +0200, "Martin T." <0xCDCDCDCD_at_gmx.at> wrote:

>The problem only exists in our test db instance (at the moment)
>
>I fully expected you and Daniel to tell me that. (Given the fact that
>there are 7 patch sets we haven't even looked at it might even have some
>foundation.)

All patch sets are cumulative

>Let's for a moment assume we were running Oracle 10g2 with the newest
>patch and hit this. What would you propose except calling Oracle?

  1. The most common cause for jobs not running is forgetting to commit
  2. the problem doesn't exist in 9.2.0.8

I would propose to stop being stupid and upgrade

>Best regards, and don't be sad that some people only patch a running
>system when they hit a problem that is solved by patching.
>
>cheerio,
>Martin

I am sad so-called 'professionals' compromise company means by putting their head in the sand, only extinguish few fires, and never do anything proactively. In fact they are fundamentally lazy and they don't deserve the salary their employer is paying them.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Aug 03 2007 - 12:39:58 CDT