Re: obvious bugs with 10.2.0.2 and aix5L

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 07:03:18 -0700

Steve Howard wrote:

> You know, this kind of bothers me. Oracle's solution is to pay them
> an additional $160K per year?!!! I know you probably don't (or
> shouldn't) pay sticker price, but it's a constant in terms of
> comparison discussions between customers.
>
> I also know they aren't obligated to tune your entire app, but telling
> you to buy more CPU's for the same application when the only thing
> (apparently) that has changed is their software?!!
>
> "We may be headed down a bad road here..."

I agree. I'd have flown in Jonathan Lewis or Cary Millsap first. Less expensive and far more long-term value.

They may well have been correct but when you are looking at that large an additional cost in hardware, support, and possibly licensing, you get a second opinion.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington