Re: deleted undotbs01.dbf...

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:39:49 -0700

Alexander Skwar wrote:
> StefanKapitza <skapitza_at_volcanomail.com> wrote:

>>> Sure.
>>>
>>> See thread at <news:6491378.fGlmkVyoaZ_at_kn.gn.rtr.message-center.info>
>>> and also <news:1240493.UQgxmLvFx2_at_kn.gn.rtr.message-center.info>.
>>>
>>> Alexander Skwar
>>
>> this isn't an example of "breaks 'VERY' easily",
>> this is an example of RTFM.

> Depends.

Apparently mostly on attitude.

Morons don't read manuals and you wouldn't admit you were wrong if it meant someone pulling you out of the jaws of a shark.

>> the Error Message is very Clear what the Problem is.
>> If you dont find the commands to get your catalog in sync with
>> your Backups

> The command did not work. I'm still getting the error message
> I posted in the 1st thread.

See above.

>> then call Oracle.
>> by the way, how to delete backup's is documented in
>> the Manuals.

> Yes. But if you don't follow the instructions to the letter,
> RMAN breaks. That's what I meant with "breaks VERY easily".

Lets apply this same logic to flying airplanes, performing surgery, filling out your tax forms, or driving your car down the street.

Attitude does not trump competence.

Following directions has value.

The product didn't break ... someone with more attitude than competence was in the driver's seat.

Reminds me of dealing with a teenager.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington