Timestamps in OCCI

From: Alan Patterson <alan.patterson5_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:17:51 -0000

Hi,

    We are having problems with a database query on oracle 10g using timestamps in OCCI.
As I understand it, the one timestamp class in C++ OCCI represents all three oracle timestamps: timestamp, timestamp with timezone and timestamp with local timezone.

However, our database has a column of type timestamp. When we run a query comparing timestamps using our C++ OCCI interface oracle seems to convert the timestamp in every row of the database to a timestamp with local timezone. This makes the query very slow.

I can't see how we can run a query against our database timestamp without this conversion taking place because there is only one C++ timestamp class for all three timestamp types.

Any help on this please? Received on Fri Aug 03 2007 - 04:17:51 CDT