Re: Need to protect table from Sysdba

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:53:41 -0700

Jagjeet Singh wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> This sounds a diff. type of requirement, But we want to implement
> this. Our client wants us
> to manage the database but do not want to see the data on some tables.
>
> We can not implement dbms_obfuscation_toolkit as it would be required
> to change in application
> TDE is available only in 10g, but we have 8i,9i instances.
>
> Any other suggestion . ..
>
> Regards,

You are trying to swim with your hands tied behind your back.

You are in unsupported versions of a product trying to do what can not be done well without changing the application.

If the issue is compliance and governance tell them to hire a good attorney and then to compare that to the cost of getting 10gR2.

BTW: 10gR2 is free if you have a support contract: The attorney is not.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington