Re: deleted undotbs01.dbf...

From: Alexander Skwar <usenet_at_alexander.skwar.name>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:47:15 +0200

ยท DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>:

> Alexander Skwar wrote:

>> Why should I?
>>
>> Alexander Skwar

> I can think of several reasons

Like? Name one, please. Please bear in mind, that Google can deal with <news:...> "links" very well and that Google also offers a search field for message ids. Also bear in mind, that many newsreaders offer an interface which allows the user to enter a message-id (or just click on a <news:...> string) to fetch that message. Also don't forget, that usenet newsservers cannot handle Google http links.

But I'm curious to find out why Google links should be used, instead of the more versatile <news:....> links.

> but they are more conducive to someone
> demonstrating aptitude rather than attitude.

So they are no good for people like you?

> I got to them ... I read them ... so what?

Well. As said before, you really can talk quite well about attitude, can't you? After all, you're so full of it.

Alexander Skwar

--
Besides, it's good to force C programmers to use the toolbox occasionally.  :-)
             -- Larry Wall in <1991May31.181659.28817_at_jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov>