Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 x64 Memory Useage

From: <sevans_at_kcpweb.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:22:46 -0000

Hi All,

We are running Oracle 10g on a Quad Dual Core Windows 2003 x64 Enterprise Server with 16GB of memory. I notice that the Oracle process is only using 4.6 GB of Physical RAM and 10GB of Virtual memory. Performance monitor is showing that the server has 8GB Physical Memory free. This seems like oracle isn't using the free memory very efficiently and swapping a lot out to disk, is this something that can be tuned to boost performance or is it dynamically performed by the Oracle process?

Thanks for your help, I'm new to Oracle having worked mainly with MS SQL so go easy on me,

Regards,

Stephen Received on Thu Aug 02 2007 - 08:22:46 CDT