Re: HELP - Oracle Schema Import problem

From: Johne_uk <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:15:43 -0000

On 1 Aug, 22:56, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 12:14 pm, Johne_uk <edg..._at_tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Managed to get the import down from 17 hrs to 85 mins.
>
> > Had to relink the binaries and the tune the sort_areas_size and and
> > log_buffer parameters.
>
> > Thanks again guys
> > John
>
> sort, hmmm. Are you saving index building until afterwards?
> Sometimes that can make a significant difference. But then again, if
> 85 is good enough, you may have other more worthwhile things to do.
>
> Connor has a few tips: http://www.oracledba.co.uk/tips/import_speed.htm
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_th...

Hi

This is a batch job that refreshes another system overnight (cannot use transportable tablespaces) so 85 mins is ok really. I'm not building indexes afterwards for this reason but I did increase the size of the import buffer, set commit=n etc.

Best regards
John Received on Thu Aug 02 2007 - 08:15:43 CDT