Re: why cannot I create a view on v$mystat

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 01:33:59 -0700

On Aug 2, 9:26 am, fran0532 <wangpin..._at_163.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have the privilege on create any views on the database, and also I
> have the select privilege on v$mystat, but I could not create the view
> as below,
> create view myView as select * from v$mystat, it says 'ORA-01031:
> insufficient privileges', what the problem here and how to resolve it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Frank

I would wonder why you want to replace v$mystat with myview, this being an exercise in futility.

Anyway: v$mystat is a *synonym*. The underlying view name is v_ $mystat.
As views are *compiled* you'll need *direct* privilege (ie not through a role) to all the underlying objects.
/*rant on */ Note: this question has at least been asked *and* answered a *zillion* times, and only because morons like you are too lazy to search for ora-1031 in the documentation or on Metalink or on Google. As Usenet is a volunteer business please stop being a moron and *always* search Google, prior to asking your stupid question *again*.
Please admit you are lazy and apologize. /* rant off */

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA