Re: Upgrading from solaris 9 to solaris 10. Oracle issues????

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:21:31 -0400

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 05:24:22 -0700, Faraz <sarfarazlatif_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 30, 4:20 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>> Faraz wrote:

>Thanks Daniel really appreciate the response,
>I will follow your advice, although I was kind of looking for some
>information about changes , like executable changes, re-linking of lib
>or any thing of that type which we need to do after upgrading from
>Solaris 9 to Solaris 10.

Solaris guarantees binary compatibility upwards.But I would relink anyway. If you relink on 10 and then decide to go back, you might have a problem (but can relink again :)

-andrey
We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 and Solaris 10 (Sparc) remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Aug 01 2007 - 16:21:31 CDT